Witness for the Truth

Sandhedsvide is a term used by Danish philosopher Soren Kierkegaard in his attempt to explain that "a witness to the truth" is a quintessential expression and faithful embodiment of true Christianity.

Saturday, December 26, 2009

The Flying Spaghetti Monster

Richard Dawkins explains in an interview with Steve Paulson why he thinks that asking "Why are we here on earth" is a remarkably stupid question.


Check out the interview here. The Flying Spaghetti Monster


Wow! I have asked myself, "Why am I here on earth?" at least once a day for the last 15 years of my life. I can honestly admit that I have never once considered it to be a stupid question. I have pondered that the question is extremely difficult, exceedingly perplexing, completely unanswerable, overtly philosophical, and personally challenging at times, but I have never ever imagined it to be "stupid." My mother always taught me that there are no stupid questions, but rather, only stupid answers. I assume that anyone who reasons as Dawkins does has never truly contemplated what C.S. Lewis meant when he wrote the following: "If the whole universe has no meaning, we should never have found out that it has no meaning."

Rejoicing in my discovery of meaning...(Psalm 16:11)

1 comment:

Burkulater said...

Just stopping by...like this post.